In today’s political and media landscape, it’s hard to keep up with what’s really important. That’s where we come in.
Longleaf Politics is dedicated to cutting through the noise to help North Carolinians be smarter citizens. We cover policy, not protests.
Each week, we produce exclusive stories and in-depth analysis of the big issues of the week. Are you tired of reading a news story and not being able to figure out what’s actually going on? You won’t find that here.
What we stand for:
- We believe in civil debate.
- We believe moderation is not a dirty word.
- We believe in the marketplace of ideas.
- We believe people can disagree without one side being evil.
- We believe in decency and respect.
- We believe that both Republicans and Democrats can have good ideas. Independents, too.
- We believe that to do is much more difficult and valuable than to criticize from the sidelines.
Who’s running the show?
Andrew Dunn is the founder and publisher of Longleaf Politics.
He is currently the editor-in-chief of Charlotte Agenda, responsible for content at a fast-growing local news startup and part of the management team making strategic and financial decisions. The move to digital journalism came after a decade as a reporter and editor at newspapers including the Charlotte Observer and the StarNews in Wilmington.
Dunn is a UNC-Chapel Hill graduate and former editor of The Daily Tar Heel. His work at has been cited numerous times by the N.C. Press Association and the Society of American Business Editors and Writers.