Website Democracy NC
Democracy NC — a research, organizing, public education, and advocacy group in Durham — is seeking a campaign director to serve as its primary statewide strategist.
Here are the job responsibilities, as listed on their website:
● Serve as the project manager for campaigns that seek to realize specific policy outcomes
and/or achieve specific voter participation goals.
● Analyze and use data, primarily from the Voter Activation Network, to plan, implement, and evaluate issue advocacy campaigns.
● Develop and implement field tactics and both direct and grassroots lobbying strategies, in
collaboration with Field and Research & Policy Directors.
● Consult with the Communications Director on the development and implementation of media and digital strategies.
● Consult with the Training Director on the development and implementation of trainings to
achieve campaign goals.
State-Level Coalition Building
● Build strategic partnerships and coordinate coalition-building efforts with institutions and
statewide organizations interested in pro-democracy issues, voter engagement, or using the political process to build long-term power.
● Maintain Democracy NC’s presence in state and national democracy reform efforts in
collaboration with other staff, and seek opportunities to learn about models and tools for
advocacy and organizing work.
● Develop partnerships with community-based organizations and other advocates in response to local and/or regional opportunities on a case-by-case basis, especially where Democracy NC does not have a physical presence.
● Participate in Resource Team, the internal team that develops public education materials.
● Represent the organization at public events, meetings, and in media appearances.
● Supervise other staff, contractors and interns as needed on individual projects.
● Other duties as assigned.
Requirements include 5 years of campaign work.
To apply for this job please visit democracync.org.