WellCare, a Tampa-based Medicaid and Medicare management company, is seeking an experienced professional in North Carolina to direct its lobbying efforts at the state and federal level.
Some of the duties, per the job description:
- Provides policy direction and coordinates efforts of pertinent operating units in matters involving state and federal governments.
- Ensures the provision of service to the proper administration of Medicare and Medicaid contracts, and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with federal and state officials.
- Keeps current on local, regional and national affairs, policies, and legislation affecting health care and specifically, the managed care plan.
- Advises, develops, coordinates and directs internal policies as they relate to external affairs.
- Organizes, directs and ensures the compliance of all plan managed care programs with multiple State and Regulatory bodies.
For more information, click here.