North Carolina FreeEnterprise Foundation
The North Carolina FreeEnterprise Foundation (NCFEF) seeks a dynamic individual who can lead the organization forward in a changing, dynamic environment for this nonpartisan, non-profit organization. The successful candidate must have strategic leadership ability, practical fundraising experience and public presentation skills, and the capacity to compile and analyze data important to the consumers of our products.
The North Carolina FreeEnterprise Foundation provides innovative educational programs, non-partisan political research, and objective analysis to foster informed civic involvement, develop an understanding of the free enterprise economy, and strengthen North Carolina’s prosperous business environment.
NCFEF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit nonpartisan political research organization that conducts
analytical research on candidates, campaigns, voter attitudes and demographic factors that
impact the state’s electoral landscape. The primary audience for this information are business leaders and business-oriented membership organizations and trade associations, as well as the general public.
The Executive Director is the senior-most manager of the organization, and is responsible for planning, organizing and executing all research undertaken and conducted and for all
programs/events/presentations provided by NCFEF, under the leadership of the organization’s Board of Directors.
Key areas of responsibility
- Developing and executing a strategic plan that, as approved by the Board, accomplishes NCFEF’s mission and programmatic agenda, and provides operational stability and long-
term financial viability for the organization;
- Conduct fundraising effort necessary to secure NCFEF’s annual budget;
- Establishing and consistently maintaining an absolute non-partisan organizational
- Hiring and managing staff and outside vendors, contractors, interns and others as may
be needed to accomplish all functions of the organization;
- Building and maintaining relationships with Board members, NCEFF supporters, business
leaders, government affairs professionals, association executives, elected official, media,
collaborative research partners, academic experts, and others related to the mission
and operation of the organization;
- Directing and overseeing research projects including the publication of Almanac of North Carolina Politics, Legislative Business Ratings of the North Carolina General Assembly, PAC and Outside Group Giving Summary, North Carolina State Government Directory, Conventional Voting Behavior (CVB) District Ratings, NCFEF/Meredith College Polling Program Partnership, Post-Primary and Post-General Election Summary, Election Year Update and Insight presentations, and other communications and reports consistent with the NCFEF mission;
- Coordinating and hosting political briefings, candidate forums, events featuring noted political experts, and other events that provide relevant information, insights and analysis, and speaking frequently to business leaders, business organizations, and the media on issues related to the state’s political environment; Management of extensive databases containing voter demographic data, voting history, district profile data, biographical information and other data on elected officials, etc.;
- Overseeing the maintenance of the NCFEF’s website, social media presence, and related branding efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or relevant area of study required;
- Relevant graduate degree and/or background in business management a plus;
- Five or more years of management experience with association or non-profit
management experience preferred;
- Solid understanding of North Carolina’s dynamic political environment and business
- Excellent writing, analytical and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and relevant data management software;
- Self-motivated team leader who is able to maintain an objective, non-partisan approach
and who possesses high standards for accuracy and clarity in their communications.
How to Apply:
Submit résumé and no fewer than three (3) references to the North Carolina FreeEnterprise
Foundation Search Committee by email at Cady@NCFEF.org and include “Executive Director Search” in the subject line. Competitive benefits package, salary based on skills and experience.
Deadline to submit application is Friday, March 1, 2019.